Friday, March 12, 2010

Opossum, Morsels of Marsupial


Millions of opossum are shipped every year to new Zealand and Australia for the delicious petfood known as "Posyum"

Dark rich and oily meat of the opossum was prized by native Americans and early settlers according to the companies website.

Have I been missing out?

Perhaps a night venture out to the ol' possum tree is in order. I shall flush out natures candy from its hole in a rotted tree stump and bag my goodies while its playing dead.

I'll be having possum fritters with honey before you can say "WTF"

Oh I should warn all you potential possum converts that the marsupial can open its jaw 180 degrees. That's one hell of a grin.

Possums also make great pets, as long as you don't have small children, small dogs, neighbors or a social life.

I've got a great recipe for possum.

Take one whole possum, skinned and gutted, fill body cavity with onions leeks and butter, then roll tightly with butcher twine and wrap in foil and place in 350 degree oven.
After 3 hours carefully slice open foil, remove possum and throw it in the trash, then eat the tin foil.

Bon Appetite

No comments:

Post a Comment